Ragam travel 9845175215
1 Bangalore Chikmagalore - 250 Km via hassan - start at 5.30 am reach 11 am
Shark's food court/dosa camp
1 Sravanabelagola - 145 km
Before hassan after Kunigal most important Jain pilgrimage destinations,
-57 feet monolithic statue of the Bhagavan Gomateshwara Bahubali
2 Halebidu(skip) - 83 - Belur - 16
Location: In the south Indian state of Karnataka, about 27km from Hassan.
Significance: Heritage Site
Famous For: Antique Hoysala Temples
3 Chikmagalore - Bababudangiri and Dattapeeta 31 kms (via attakundi)
It was a 8km drive uphill
Mullainagiri hills and visit Baba Budangiri soon after it.
We wanted to see Manikya Dhara Falls and started from Baba Budangiri its just
2km from there but beware the last 100m cannot be covered by car and the road is
single lane,Had a tough time reversing the car.
We couldn't even enjoy Manikya Dhara Falls due to fog.
Sameer Hussain Mobile: 9886394019,9880095860
4 Chikmagalore - Horanadu(Annapoorani temple)
Horanadu Temple provides hygienic good food during noon (12-3pm) and night (7-10pm) time. There are 2-3 small budget hotels around the temple street.
Punarpuli/Kokam Juice is famous in Horanadu.
3 Horanadu - Sringeri - 78 km via kudremukh
1. Sharadamba Temple
2. Vidyashankara Temple+
3. Sringeri Sharada Peeta
4. Tunga river Bank - fishes
5. Sringeri Banana Chips,Pickles
6. Happala (Papads) -> Sringeri is also famous for "Jacknfruit Happala"
Sringeri Mutt provides hygenic good food during noon and night time.
There are many good small budget mess around the temple street.
4 Sringeri -28km- Agumbe(view point) - 33km- Thirthahalli- (61km)- Shimoga
(stay here : hotel jewel rock shimoga) 9pm here
From shimogo When it is around 8-10 kms to thirthahalli, you get a place called Malur.rn
You need to take left in Malur, and this road will directly lead to Mahishi Mutt.
Chibbalagudde is popular because of temple of Sri Siddi Vinayaka and Matsyadhama which has lot of fishes at Tunga River. Chibbalagudde is also nearby place to Kuppalli.
- Gajnur dam
Elephant Training Camp-Sakrebayalu.
Hotel Jewel Rock
Shimoga 223051 , 223056
1. Patrode - a special dish made of colocasia, a.k.a. elephant ears
2. Jackfruit buns (Halasina hannina kadubu)
3. Jackfruit pancake (Halasina hannina dose)
4. Jackfruit oildip (Halasina hannina mulka)
5. Tender mango chutney (maavina kaai chutney)
6. Rice pancake (neer dose or bari akki dose)
7. Kadubu(therthahalli kadubu is famous for non-veg, it is made by rice powder)
8. Hal garige (this is also a very tasty snack, and is made from milk and rice powder)
5 Shimoga - Jog falls - start at 7 am. reach 9 am,
NH206 - 108 kms
Shimoga -> Sagara -> jog falls -> Sigandur Chowdeshwari Temple, Karnataka -> shimoga.
Sigandhur got surrounded by the backwaters of Sharavathi River when the dam was built.
If one needs to cross over, they had to wait for specific timing of the launch. Launch ( ferry ) service is available from this bank to the other bank to cover a distance of 2 Km. Service available upto 5.00 pm only. The other side of the river is a small village called Kalasavalli belonging to the main place called Tumari. From this place Sigandur is nearly 5 KMs. The goddess Chaudamma ( Chowdamma ) temple is located at Sigandur. During Sankranti (in the month of January ) a festival is celebrated here. Tourist from all part of visits this place during the festival. There are frequent bus and jeep/tempo plying to and fro. The temple opens daily for darshan at 4.30 and closes at 6 pm.
- Sharavati valley near to jog falls
- Linganmakki dam sharavthi river Tyavarekoppa Lion and Tiger Safari was established in 1988 and is located 15 Kms north-west of Shimoga on the way to Sagar.
6 Jog falls - Bangalore start 1pm reach bangalore 9pm.
Shimoga - Bangalore 280 km.. Bhadravathi Tarekare, arasikare, tiptur, tumkur,bglre
Thirthahalli - shimgo road - Gajnur dam --